|Appearance||Brownish red liquid|
|Solid Content %≥||48|
|Packing||In 250kg drum|
|Storage||20℃, 2 years.|
|Shipping||Room temperature in China; may vary elsewhere|
|Common Names||Hydrolyzed polymaleic anhydride | HPMA | Polymaleic acid|
|CAS No.||26099-09-2||Boiling Point (℃)||/|
|Molecular Weight||<=2000||Melting Point (℃)||/|
|Appearance||Brownish red liquid||Vapor Specific Gravity||1.18|
|HS Code||3911900090||Flash Point (℃)||95 °C|
|Solubility||combine with calcium and magnesium plasma chelate in water and has lattice distortion ability||Autoignition Temperature (℃)||/|
Application of Hydrolyzed Polymaleic Anhydride as Scale Inhibitor
The general industrial product of hydrolyzed polymaleic anhydride (HPMA) is a 50% aqueous solution. As a green water treatment agent with low price and excellent performance, it has become an important product of high-efficiency water-soluble scale inhibitor and dispersant. Especially under harsh environmental conditions such as high temperature, high pH value, high alkalinity, high hardness, etc., the scale inhibition effect is still remarkable, which is beyond the reach of general polyacrylic acid and other organic copolymerization dispersants. At the same time, hydrolyzed polymaleic anhydride has low toxicity, no carcinogenic and teratogenic effects, and is often used as a water treatment agent for circulating cooling water, low-pressure boiler water, and anti-scaling treatment for systems such as oil field water injection and crude oil dehydration.
Scale inhibition characteristics of hydrolyzed polymaleic anhydride:
1) It is quite effective against calcium carbonate scale, and has both lattice distortion and threshold effect (that is, unidirectional conductivity). Even if scale is formed, it is loose and easy to be washed away by water without forming hard scale;
2) It still has good anti-scaling effect at around 300°C, high temperature resistance, and usually decomposes above 350°C;
3) In addition to being effective for calcium carbonate, it also has a certain dispersion ability for calcium phosphate and calcium sulfate;
4) It can be compounded with zinc salt, and has a synergistic effect on the corrosion inhibition of carbon steel;
5) Non-toxic, has no obvious impact on the environment, can be degraded by microorganisms, and the degraded products are harmless to humans, livestock and aquatic animals.
What is modified hydrolyzed polymaleic anhydride HPMA?
Modified hydrolyzed polymaleic anhydride HPMA is a green water treatment agent with readily available raw materials and low price. It uses water as a solvent, hydrogen peroxide as an initiator, and under the action of a catalyst, a high-quality modified HPMA product is synthesized in one step. Modified HPMA has enhanced scale inhibition performance, greatly reducing the scaling tendency of water.